1.05.2013

New year, new news

So I got me a job.  It's temp but with an open-ended contract so it's potentially long-term and could lead to full-time.  My that's a lot of hyphens for one sentence!  It happened really fast - I had an interview on Thursday morning, they offered me the job that afternoon, and I started working on Friday.  It's with a vendor for B of A, basically working in Excel all day long.  But it seems pretty low-pressure, the environment is business casual (I actually get to wear jeans to work!  That alone is worth the huge pay cut), plus it's just a hop and skip away from where Hubs works and I have the exact same hours as he does so we'll be able to commute together.  I haven't told them yet that I'm pregnant, I figure I will sometime next week.  I think it's pretty obvious and I'd be surprised if they didn't suspect, but I wore some loose-fitting tops both days I was there so they might be totally clueless.  At any rate I don't want them to think I'm trying to pull something over on them, plus I'm about out of tops that camouflage my belly (however poorly), so I figure honesty is best.

In the meantime, the wedding business is booming.  Well, in a manner of speaking anyway.  I have three weddings booked for this year so far, and the organizer of the same bridal show I went to over the summer offered me free table space in exchange for some balloons at their January show next week.  I am so getting the sweet end of that deal!  I'm still working weekends with the DJ too, so I think life is about to get ridiculously busy.  I'm trying not to worry about how everything is going to work out this summer with a baby, a business, and a full time job.  It's hard to think too far past my due date anyway though; one thing at a time!

The pregnancy is still going smoothly, knock on wood.  I'm 25 weeks along now.  We have our second chance to find out the baby's sex on Monday.  On the one hand I'm excited to know what it is, but on the other I'm pretty used to not knowing so it won't be the end of the world if he/she decides to be difficult again.  I do think knowing would help us finally decide on some names at least, though!  I should have figured someone as indecisive as I am would have a particularly hard time picking out a name for my kid.  Next week we also start our birth classes, which I'm kind of excited about.  We're doing the Bradley Method.  Like so many women before me I'm hoping for a natural childbirth, but I'm not going to kid myself about how tough I am - my miscarriage was pretty excruciating and that was only 8 weeks along; I'm sure childbirth will be exponentially worse.  If it's more than I can handle I'm not going to hesitate to ask for the juice and no one is going to make me feel guilty about it.

Hubs has demanded that I talk more about how great he is on my blog.  I told him he's worse than me about fishing for compliments.  But I will close with this: He's been such an amazing provider while I've been unemployed these past many, many months.  On top of that, he never put pressure on me to find a job and has been super supportive of my starting a business that doesn't make much money.  I always knew he'd be an amazing dad, and he's always been an awesome husband, but he's been so impressive during this most recent struggle of ours that I'm finally learning to accept that I don't have to worry so much, and that no matter what happens we'll be okay.  So, thanks my love.  You're a better husband than I would've even thought to ask for!  

3 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats on the job!!! Hope that on Monday you're able to find out if the baby is a boy or girl :)

Erin said...

Sounds great Kitty. Glad things are going well you're well. I would love to see some baby bump pics!

Kate said...

Yay! Sounds like a great dip back into the employed world.

I'm with Erin - we want to see the bump!! ;0)