2.18.2011

The good stuff

Okay, so remember a couple of weeks ago when I said I have some news but I wasn't quite ready to share yet? Well I still don't feel like I can do it justice but I'm dying to tell you anyway, so here goes.

My friend A and I are starting a women's group! It's something she's been thinking about doing for months, and when she asked me to help I jumped at the chance. I find it difficult to explain the purpose of the group because technically speaking, there's no specific focus. We will talk about everything and anything that's important to us, with the intention of being open to learning new things and improving ourselves by hearing the different perspectives of other members. It'll also be a place for encouragement and support in setting and reaching personal goals. Our "slogan" is Girl talk, redirected, because it's definitely all about sharing and discussing, but without the griping, drama, or negativity that can sometimes arise when women get together to gab.

I hope that didn't sound too touchy-feely. Okay, the group is kind of touchy-feely, and even though I'm generally quite the opposite, I'm excited about it! It'll be good for my personal growth to be a part of it, and helping launch it with A somehow completely meets this need I had to DO SOMETHING. Preferably something useful. We had our first trial meeting last Friday and it went really well. There's a core group of 5 of us, and we're kind of slowly inviting others to join in as A and I feel our way through this process. We want it to be fun and enjoyable, but we do have some structure to keep things organized too. We have a blog (which I'm not quite ready to share with the world yet, but I'll eventually post a link), a Twitter account, and a FB page, which we're still working on as well.

So that's the BIG thing.  And I welcome any questions you might have, I'm not sure how much detail you're interested in.

Other stuff that's going on - Well for one, Hubs and I are working on improving our marriage, getting the ol' spark back and generally making our home life more fulfilling. I'm pretty excited about focusing on us - something I actually have control over! I think it will make us both a lot happier. We've been talking more about my job options as well. We determined that we can afford for me to take a job that pays a little less than what I'm making now, but that's more in line with my interests and skills. So that opens things up quite a bit and makes me feel a little hopeful. Another option is taking a stress leave while I continue to search for another job. That's not something I really want to do, but work is getting worse and worse almost every day. It's just a matter of time before something gives, I just hope that something isn't my sanity.

Thank you for the well-wishes yesterday, I'm actually feeling a lot better on the YI front today. Thank God too, I was at the point where I wanted to tear out my lady business with my fingernails for a while there! My new boss has been off my back most of today, I just have to stay off her radar for another hour and I can go home for a nice long, relaxing weekend :)

5 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

That is very exciting! I am glad you're able to do something like that. If I knew more people here, I'd like to try that.

Good luck on the job search. It stinks, doesn't it?!

The Barreness said...

How wondeful and exciting on all fronts...I can't wait to hear more details!

~stinkb0mb~ said...

oOoOo how exciting!! can't wait to hear more!!

and good luck on the job front!

~x~

Anonymous said...

That sounds like FUN Kitty ! I miss my girly group, guess I will have to live vicariously through you !

JB - A.K.A. Jenn said...

What a great idea! Be very proud of yourself for taking such a proactive step.

I love the thought of being able to get together with a bunch a women and just discuss....whatever. Especially WITHOUT all the drama, and negativity.

I am sending best wishes and positivity in this group for you!

I will also be sending the positive vibes your way for the job hunt.

HUGS