4.20.2013

Leaving and waiting

I wish I could say this with more energy and enthusiasm, but I'm on leave!  WOOHoooooooooo... 

Yeah I didn't get much sleep last night and I am about ready for a nap.  Baby girl has been head-butting the ol' cervix which is a very uncomfortable and shocking sensation.  Ouch.  Oh, and she's positioned a little farther back than is ideal, so reclining for any length of time eventually results in a similarly shocking sensation to the ol' poop chute.  On top of that, not only are my hips sore from spreading and side-sleeping, but my shoulders are getting sore at night too.  There is just no comfortable position anymore.  So I guess it was the perfect timing to go on leave!  I just wish I had better hopes for getting some rest before the big day arrives.

Tomorrow is my EDD.  I can't believe it.  And now that it's almost time, I'm starting to get scared about pooping this baby out!  I don't feel prepared.  I've been, shall we say, less than diligent about performing the exercises I learned in my birthing class, and I'm really starting to regret not doing the perineum massages they recommended.  Especially after hearing about my SIL's EIGHT stitches following the birth of her first.  What can I do, though?  I will practice my meditation techniques and keep reminding myself that the epidural is there if I want it!

My boss asked me what I'm going to do while I'm at home waiting for the baby.  Personally I think it will be a thrilling time of cleaning the house, napping, eating, watching crappy daytime TV, and putting the finishing touches on the baby's room.  (That's a lot!  I am going to be extremely busy.)  I spent last weekend working on a little art project for baby VonD - a somewhat creepy owl made out of cut-out pieces of scrapbook paper.  Hopefully it doesn't give her nightmares.  It's the eyes, they are giant and I think the paper I used for the pupils was a little too busy.  I'm hoping to soften it up a little by making a couple little woodland creature friends to go along with him - maybe a squirrel and a snail.  I figure I can't possibly screw up such innocuous animals enough to freak out an infant, right?  Let's hope.

Also this weekend is going to be particularly action-packed!  Today I'm getting a pedicure and having lunch with my friend T, and tomorrow I'm having coffee with my friend J, and then picking up my sister's rocking chair to borrow for the kid's room.  Monday I go back to the doctor to get felt up again AND get an ultrasound, and then Hubs actually has Tuesday off so that will be nice for us to get to hang out.

All assuming no baby of course! :)

No comments: