11.25.2010

Thanksgiving

Today I came to a realization: I just don't like the holidays!  Is that so wrong?  I find them to be more trouble than they're worth, besides being a painful reminder of what I don't have.  So I don't have any holiday spirit.  It is what it is.  Today I will still put on a happy face and no one will be the wiser.  I will ignore the bitter feelings and be truly thankful for what I have.

And I will eat turkey and green bean casserole and pie and drink wine all day.  Because really, that is what Thanksgiving is all about, isn't it?

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends.  Thank you for being a bright spot in this bitter scrooge's life.  ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand where you're coming from. Holidays do have a dark side for us IFers. Cheers to you! I hope next year you will have more to celebrate.

The B said...

I am thankful to know amazing women like you. I think that you are doing great. Enjoy the wine and turkey and all the catty thoughts you can think of.

Kelly said...

I've never really been a big fan of the holidays. I have a smaller family and we spend time together regularly and often the holidays seem artifical. You're right also, that IF adds a whole new yucky twist to thing!

You aren't alone!

Heather said...

Yeah, the Thanksgiving holiday this year was different for me too. My parents abandoned me for Utah and TONS of family, snow and good food. I went to DH's aunt and uncles house. Where the food wasn't the same and the brattiest 8 year old screamed, threw tantrums and took swings at everyone.

My Vegas said...

me too. I'm drinking right with you!

Alex said...

Ah yes, the holiday scrooge - we all have that in ourselves...