12.01.2010

Wednesday

Work is getting worse and worse.  I heard some "unofficial" news this morning that's turning out to be just the kick in the pants I needed to start seriously looking for a new job.  So tonight as I'm enjoying a HP double feature with Hubs, I'll also be updating my resume.  I started working here the same month Hubs and I started TTC, and I've been miserable ever since.  And more miserable with each passing year I'm here.  That's just no way to live.  So if I may ask, please send thoughts, prayers, hopes, whatever you've got, that I can find something where I'm happier and can still afford to pay the mortgage.

And in TTC news... ugh.  It's CD10 and, not surprisingly, I am in no mood to get down to business this month.  Besides that, I think my hormones have been jacked ever since my m/c.  I've got a few lovely cystic zits that haven't gone away in months and flare up even bigger when I'm PMSed.  Also, for the past 2 or 3 months I've been spotting after AF for days.  For example, I am still spotting today.  Day TEN, people!  WTF.  So my acu gave me some herbs that are supposed to balance out my hormones and make the spotting stop.  I can only hope. 

Oh - Did I tell you about the status of my ring?  It was kind of on hold while I attempted to procure a stone, which I finally did last week.  I ended up getting a trillion-cut blue topaz.  Pretty much nothing like I was originally planning (pear-shaped ruby), but there's a reason for that.  I've been seeing poppies everywhere since I decided to use that flower as a symbol for my loss (P.S. did you notice the background on my blog is poppies? I had no idea until recently).  Then I happened across a gorgeous image of a bright blue poppy, which was the inspiration for the little image I made over on the right.  I'm in love with just about every shade of blue, so I decided to go with a blue poppy for my symbol of remembrance rather than red.  It just felt more personally meaningful.  Anyway, so my friend T now has my stone and can get started making my ring!

Okay I feel much better adding that last paragraph, otherwise this post was getting seriously depressing. 

Happy Hump Day, all.  And happy Hanukkah to all those celebrating it :)

6 comments:

My Vegas said...

hmmm...time for a change! Job hunting sucks, but I am wishing you a very happy journey of it. Make sure you upload a pic of that beautiful piece of jewerly when you get it!

elephantscanremember said...

I had some bothersome spotting several months after my IUI; it always happened on the same cd for some reason. It took me awhile to straighten out for some reason.

(hugs) I hope you find a great job very soon!

I cannot wait to see the piece you have designed!

Steph said...

I hope you can get a better job soon. Being happy at work makes a HUGE difference on your entire life outlook.

I can't wait to see the finished ring, I'm also a total fan of blue.

"Jacked Up" C's suck! I'm right with ya in yelling at mine.

Erin said...

I can't wait to see the ring. You sound like you are really ready to look for another job.

Misty Dawn said...

I hope you can find a job that is a perfect fit for you Kit. (((HUGS))) Hopefully these herbs will stop the spotting, but I can't help but wonder if these herbs are making things worse. I've always been scared of them, since the webmd days and hearing RE opinions.

Alex said...

Good luck with the job search - if you don't feel like you're in the right place, DEFINITELY find somewhere better!