7.12.2011

My body may be here...

...but my mind's on vacation!

Sure I still have almost two flipping weeks until my two week vacation starts, but apparently my brain has already taken off.  My motivation levels are dangerously low, and the daily lag factor is increasing... uh... daily (duh).  By this time next week it's going to feel like I have three more weeks of waiting left.

But I don't!!  I only have 8 business days, 3 hours, and 44 minutes...  Actually if you factor in the workshop I'll be at instead of work tomorrow (a six-hour day), it's only 1 hour and 42 minutes.  But who's counting?

I am!!

It's going to be a looong 8 business days, 1 hour and 41 minutes.

So, you want me to refresh your memory as to what I'll be doing on my two glorious weeks away from the Seventh Circle of Hell?  Well why didn't you say so??  I'm only too happy to oblige!

Day 1 is actually my birthday (7/23 in case you don't have it on your calendar yet).  So right off the bat I'll be spending my vacation a year older.  A small price to pay, I suppose, especially considering that my SIL, L, and my BFF, A, have been working tirelessly to throw me the most fabulous birthday cocktail party of all time!  (It will actually be a relatively small affair, but that doesn't mean it can't still be the most fabulous of all time.)  Can you think of a better way to kick off a vacation than that?  I can't.  It's going to rock my socks off, I'm convinced.

Next, Hubs and I will be taking a day trip to good ol' Venice Beach!  It's been years since I've been down there, and Hubs hasn't ever really spent any time there.  Should be a nice mellow day of checking out the crazy people.  I'll be sure to stop by Muscle Beach for all you gals and bring back some pics. ;)

Unfortunately, Hubs only has two days off work the first week I'm off, so I've been contemplating how I should spend the other three days alone.  I'm thinking I'll go to the movies one day, and hopefully the other two days will be sunny enough that I can lay out and work on not being so pasty white.  Also I may try out some new recipes.  How do you like to spend your free time alone?

And finally, the pies de resistance, we'll be spending seven heavenly nights camping at the beach, as per our usual summer ritual.  It may not be a resort in the Bahamas, but as long as I have plenty of margaritas and reading material I'll be happy!

Now to get through the next 8 business days, 1 hour and 6 minutes.  Heavens to Murgatroid, that's a looong time...

P.S. Check out my new section for freebies in the column to the left!  I'm sharing the wealth with you all whenever I get an offer for free stuff.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That just sounds so relaxing. Maybe catch up on some reading...go to the spa... that's what i'd do.