2.03.2009

Bend, Breathe, someday Conceive - Some fertility aid product reviews

I never buy anything online without reading a handful of positive and negative reviews first, preferably on a site other than the one selling the products. So I thought I'd throw out some reviews about a couple items I have recently tried in my quest for conception, both purchased from http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/. As TTCers go, I guess you could say I'm a beginner, so this is geared towards other beginners too. I've tried to be conservative in my descriptions, but be warned, there may be a bit TMI...

Bend, Breathe and Conceive
I purchased this video last month, and I must say I'm loving it. Being out of shape as I am, it is sufficiently (and okay, in some places rather) challenging, but still clear enough that I can follow along during those poses where I can't see the TV. And the guided meditation at the end is soooooo soothing and relaxing. The instructor/doctor also includes this super cool educational snippet that explains exactly how stress can negatively affect reproduction. So if you're thinking about buying it, do it. No, I'm still not pregnant, but I've only actually done the routine 2 or 3 times now, so I'll keep you posted. And until then, I've got something that helps to relieve some of my excess stress. Hooray!

PreSeed
I also tried this last month for the first time (see my post entitled Lucky Month 11 - I first purchased it at a local pharmacy, but it's $5 cheaper on the website, so I ordered there this month). I am always wary of "intimate moisturizers" as I have an, erm, extremely sensitive "area," and am prone to infection. However, I had no problem at all with this stuff, and found it to be very helpful for those times when babymaking felt more like a chore than a pleasure if you know what I mean. I did, and still do, have trouble with the application of this product though! It's basically a thick liquid that you have to squeeze up and out of the soft plastic tube thing. Apparently the makers of this product didn't take GRAVITY into consideration when designing the applicator. And don't get me started on having to keep squeezing the tube when removing it to avoid suckage... Anyway, great product, not so great design of the applicator.

Ovulation Test Strips
I haven't actually tried these yet, they just came in the mail yesterday and today is only CD 7. I'm sure they do the trick and will only post something if they are particularly sucky. However, I will say that I was very impressed how quickly my package arrived - I just ordered them and the PreSeed on Friday, and found it on my doorstep when I got home from work yesterday - Monday! Nice. Plus, $7.70 for 7 strips beats the hell out of $20 for a box of the same from the drug store, especially when you're getting free shipping. And, they threw in 2 pregnancy test strips to boot. I'm not sure if they advertise on their site that that's what they do, but it was a pleasant surprise to me anyway.

If I can say I helped one person be a wiser internet shopper I will feel that I've done my duty, so enjoy! Good luck and godspeed.

No comments: