1. What a freaking fabulous weekend. Weekends like that make coming back to work even harder than usual! But between half a Xanax and a cup of coffee, I'm feeling almost human today. Now I'm going to cheat and break down my weekend activities so as to make it easier for me to come up with 10 things to tell you about. Whoever said cheaters never prosper?
2. On Saturday I went to a friend's bridal shower, which was just lovely! And as usual, I won a prize, because I am the shower game queen and I almost always win a prize whenever I go to showers. It was a picture frame, in case you were wondering. My friend A won a prize too, but she already owned the exact thing she won (a nice little makeup kit) so she gave it to me! Win-win!!
3. Hubs and I joined some friends for a day of bar-hopping on Sunday Bloody Funday (that's the British use of "bloody," FYI. Don't worry, no one was hurt). All told, we visited six bars and drank for about 8 hours straight. We ended the day by dancing our butts off at a local club, which is a testament to how good a time I had because for everyone's sake, I normally do NOT dance in public.
4. We held a semi-impromptu bbq at my house yesterday. I first worried that too many people would show up, then when no one responded on our FB announcements I worried that no one would show up. Yes, there's always something for me to fret over! But of course, it turned out just fine. I got to spend some time with a few friends I haven't seen in a while, and it was even nice to see my almost 7 months pregnant friend. The green-eyed monster was nowhere to be found.
5. I have tomatoes!!! Our Early Girl has two little green tomatoes on it already! I really hope I get to eat them before the bugs do. Any tips on organic pest control? I don't know that we'll have a problem, but I want to be prepared just in case.
6. It's taken me all flipping day to get to #6.
7. We have a "new" TV and it is GIGANTIC. Well, 56" is gigantic for my 884 square foot house anyway. It belonged to my younger brother who recently upgraded to the latest and greatest, so we got his hand-me-down for a deep discount. Hubs set it up today and now I'm itching to go home and enjoy HD for the first time in my own living room! I have a feeling it's going to be like sitting in a movie theater.
8. I meant to be more clever and witty in this post, but I clearly failed in that endeavor. My apologies. It's been a busy day and AF is seriously kicking me right in the uterus today. Now I'm just trying to finish this up so I can clean up my desk and go home!
9. Hubs and I have started planning our next road trip, which won't be until next summer, but I'm nothing if not a planner! We'll be driving up the coast to Vancouver, BC, with stops along the way including Sacramento, Napa, Portland, and Seattle. We visited Vancouver once, but only got to stay for a day. We both loved it though so we're excited to go back and actually spend some time there.
10. I made it to the end of the workday, and now I'm going home to snuggle up with my hubby and watch my new TV. TGI-No Longer Tuesday!