It's that time again! Thank you, Marla, for hosting Ten on Tuesday!
1. Today's my Thursday and thank GOD for that. Yesterday was one of those wretched days that reminded me why I really need to send out more resumes. You know it's time to find a new job when you go to lunch and hope you get in a car accident or something else horrible happens to prevent you from going back to work.
2. This Thursday (the real Thursday, not my faux Tuesday/Thursday) is Hubs' and my 4 year wedding anniversary! To celebrate we're taking Thursday and Friday off work and getting some stuff done around the house. Wee! My goal is to paint the front and back doors and (finally!) put up the trim. Hubs keeps trying to sneak in more and more projects but I made him promise that we won't be doing work the entire weekend. I've been anticipating this weekend for WEEKS and I'm going to enjoy relaxing, dammit!
3. We're still planning on going to dinner here for our anniversary, and I think we may also go here at some point this weekend. One of Hubs's best friends is the executive chef at the second place, so we debated going there instead of the first, but really, why choose one when we can go to both?
4. I actually had a pretty non-emotional Mothers Day. Okay, that's not entirely accurate. I was very emotional but it wasn't because of the holiday; it was because I was exhausted from the hectic week and yet I for some reason thought it would be a fabulous idea to host brunch at my house for both of our families on Saturday. True, it was a fabulous idea and everyone had a good time, but holy cow it's a lot of work to host a meal for 20 people, even a potluck (heck yes it was a potluck, I'm not completely nuts!). Then I really lucked out on Sunday - it was Hubs's grandma's birthday so dinner at his parents' house was much more of a b-day thing than an m-day thing. So aside from my tired moodiness it was actually a good weekend for the Von D's.
5. We hit Ta.rg.et this weekend too and ended up getting everything I needed to finish decorating the second bedroom (a.k.a. The Lounge). So I get to cross that off my list of goals :) It looks so great in there now, like a real room with a purpose rather than a catchall place to stash our crap. I got a new slipcover for the loveseat, some shelves, and a little storage ottoman. I wish I'd taken a "before" photo so I could show you the transformation, but I haven't taken an "after" photo either, so you'll just have to take my word for how cute it looks!
6. I also got some super cute tile decals from Ta.rg.et to use in the kitchen. The counter and backsplash tiles are bland, boring white so I'm excited to liven them up and create a little more visual interest in there.
7. I've been getting these funky pink patches of skin all over the place for the past several months, so I finally manned up and went to the dermatologist last week aaaand...found out I have psoriasis. Ugh. That would be a genetic gift from my father, thanks Dad! My poor ugly skin :( And it used to be so nice. Sigh... The doc says it looks manageable and gave me a bunch of samples of what is apparently a very, very, very expensive goop that my insurance doesn't cover, so at least there's that. Hopefully it'll get better when I quit my job or things mellow out and I'm not so stressed all the time.
8. I'm tired.
9. I'm a little hungover.
10. In light of #9 and #10, that's all I've got for today!