1. I started writing my book! So far I think it's terrible, but hey I just started, how great can I expect it to be? I finally decided to toss my insecurities aside and just buckle down and go for it, so that's what I did last night. And what I need to do every night until it's finished!
2. Hubs and I have been mulling over an idea to start our own business. We finally came to an agreement on what type of business we think we'd both enjoy running, now we have to figure out if it's something we can actually do. Our plan of attack is to talk to everyone we can think of that might have some good advice for us, then figure out the money situation. I really hope we can afford it!
3. We have sprouts! Our veggie garden is far from thriving, but two of our seeds sprouted (zucchini, yum!) and have the most adorable little leaves. (Yes, my crops are cute.) I don't think the others are going to make it, so we'll probably have to re-plant those soon. It's just as well, we haven't planted tomatoes yet at all, and that was my whole reason for wanting a vegetable garden.
4. The auditors are here at work, but they haven't started asking me questions yet. I suspect that will start today. In my big-boss's (my boss's boss) words they're "a couple of young pricks," meaning they're new to auditing and therefore go above and beyond to try to find problems with our work. Because of that and the fact that they're both men around my age I suggested that all the ladies in my department wear their skirts, cleavage tops and four inch heels all week, y'know, to distract them. Hey, might as well do whatever it takes, right?
5. The weather was absolutely glorious this past weekend, and in true Kit fashion I got overly excited about the sunshine and spent way too much time in it without sunscreen. Oops. Now my chest is lobster red in the shape of the sundress I was wearing on Sunday, and double oops, I'm going to a wedding this weekend. Rats! I hate it when I have nasty tan lines (or sunburn lines as the case may be).
6. In three short (read: long) weeks I have a four day weekend to look forward to! However, I'm thinking I might need a mental health day sometime before then. Maybe if I wish for it hard enough, it will just happen to coincide with Hubs's next day off. Wouldn't that be something? I'll let you know if it works out.
7. The reason Hubs and I are taking a four day weekend next month is to celebrate our fourth anniversary. We're not planning on going out of town or anything, but we are going out to a special dinner. You know Fabio from Top Chef? His restaurant is in our county and we've been meaning to go forever, so that's where we're headed. It's supposed to be yum-a-licious, I'm pretty excited to try it.
8. Speaking of (not) going out of town, we actually are going to be getting out of town sometime in the next year. My cancelled trip to Austin actually worked out to my advantage; not only did the bank reimburse me for Hubs's and my plane tickets, but since they were non-refundable we're getting vouchers from the airline too! We're still
9. Taxes and termites are making me poor. Termites in particular are making a smorgasbord out of my window frames! But we got good news from the exterminator that we may not have to tent. He seems to think it's not too bad and that we can probably get away with the electrical treatment instead of the gas. I hope he's right. Packing up the cat, all our stuff, and taking the food out of the cabinets for a weekend sounds like a huge freakin' pain in the arse. (Can you tell I'm running out of things to talk about?)
10. Okay I'm officially spent. Today is draaaaaagging and I want nothing more than this whole week to fly by. But of course, that's the exact reason it's dragging! Hurry up, clock!