Ten on Tuesday is fun! You should play too! Go over to the Chronicles of Marla and sign up, okay? Okay.
1. I got to play Easter Bunny not once, not twice, but thrice on Sunday for my nieces and nephew. First at my in-laws' for my adorable little blondie nieces, and twice at my parents' house for my equally adorable brunette nieces and nephew. We had to have two at my parents' house because my 8 year old nephew found 9 out of the 12 eggs, and his 7 year old sister was in tears after finding only one of them. Luckily my 14 year old niece had the genius idea of assigning each of the three little kids one of the three colors of eggs (I think my mom's getting tired of dying Easter eggs, she's really starting to slack), and they could only hunt for the color they were assigned to. Worked like a charm! And even my little 2 year old niece studiously avoided picking up any pink or blue eggs, just the yellow ones. What a bunch of geniuses in my family!
2. Our veggie garden now has THREE sprouts!! I maintain that they are all three zucchini, but Hubs insists on arguing with me that one is a cucumber. Did I mention I'm the one who planted the seeds while he was nowhere to be found?
3. Last week I switched up my bowling technique a little bit because of a sore knee. For some reason I've always stepped off on my right foot, even though I'm right-handed. Well, it was my right knee that was hurting so I tried stepping off on my left foot instead (like a normal person would to begin with) and lo and behold I'm suddenly playing a lot more consistently! Who knew? *Update: I wrote this part yesterday, and last night I thoroughly SUCKED at bowling. So now I know I have no excuses, I'm just bad at it.
4. Hubs and I went to a wedding on Saturday and it was just beautiful. Plus, we got to sit with some awesome friends of ours that we don't spend nearly enough time with, and we all had a lot of fun. I managed to be a tad overdressed for a garden wedding, but whatever, I looked hawt! (The bride looked good too.)
5. I love Spring, but I hate this time of year because my house is absolutely COVERED in hair. Atticus is shedding like nobody's business and it's really disgusting. My brother and SIL have two cats (three up until a month or so ago) and their shedding situation doesn't hold a candle to Atticus's. I did not foresee this problem when I adopted him. I just thought he was soft and fluffy and would be a good cuddle-buddy. Well, he is very soft and fluffy, but he's not much for cuddling. I should have gotten a hairless cat.
6. How many pairs of shoes do you own? I'm not sure how many I have, I've never counted. But last week I overheard a conversation between two coworkers, one asked the other how many pairs of shoes she had, and she answered, "Around forty." The first coworker said, "That's it?" My eyes about popped out of my head! I probably have more shoes than I think, but forty seems like a LOT to me. Sheesh.
7. I get to have lunch with my friend Tracy today (she comments here pretty regularly, so you sort of know her)! We're going out for pizza in about 25 minutes. I LOVE working near my friends, it makes work a little more bearable. I work near Hubs too, and we go to lunch together ocasionally as well.
8. I had this great plan to call in sick on Thursday, seeing as it's Hubs's day off and last week was hellacious so I figured I earned it. But now one of my employees is actually sick (well, she appears to have a cold), so I feel kinda guilty. I mean, I'm still pretty sure I'm going to do it, but now I'm going to have to come up with a really good excuse.
9. I've been slacking on my book. I'm supposed to write something every day, but I haven't written anything in days. I just know I'm going to get about halfway through it and decide I can't stand it. I need to get over these ridiculous fears, don't I?
10. I may have mentioned that I'm reading "Committed" right now, by Elizabeth Gilbert. Well, I read a section of it last night that really spoke to me, and now I'm finding myself with some seriously life-altering things to think about. I'll definitely be sharing more with you when I start getting my thoughts sorted out! Should be soon...