3.04.2009

SMACK

Ugh. People are so RUDE. I work in a city that fancies itself to be, well, fancy. It's a pretty high-end area, while the area I live in and grew up in is mostly blue-collar. But you know what? Money can't buy class, and the people here prove that to me on a daily basis.

I thought I posted about this one earlier, but I couldn't find it, so I apologize if this is redundant. But a few weeks ago I left work a few minutes early to go get a hair cut. I was wearing a suit that day and changed into jeans and tennies before I left. I go down to the lobby carrying my suit and work shoes and there are 2 women standing by the front door. As I walk towards them they stop talking and look at me. So I smile - that is what normal people do, right? Usually you get a smile back and then the stare-ers go back to their conversation. NOPE. They keep staring, and not cracking a smile. So I keep on smiling and staring right back at them, even as I am walking past them and out the door. AMAZING. These womene were in their late 40's or 50's so you think they would know better! I guess jeans and tennies are a no-no in a professional building in this town, even if you're on your way out the door and carrying a suit, and it's obvious you WORK there.

Skip to today, I am standing in line at T.aco B.ell and this girl, probably in her early twenties, is standing in line next to me holding a little girl in her arms. And I smell mint. In T.ACO B.ELL! Come on, you can smell T. B.ell as you drive by, it really should be able to drown out just about any other smell when you're standing inside! Then I hear the smacking. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP. I'm thinking, please tell me it's the kid... Oh no - like a teenybopper this twenty-something chick is smacking her gum, loudly and with her mouth wide. freaking. open. This is why I am enveloped in a cloud of mint. Because she is standing 1 foot away from me (in my bubble) and breathing Wrigley's all up in my space. I was so grossed out, I almost couldn't eat my bean burrito... Almost.

Anyway, just had to get that out before I head off to the gyno to talk about my sub-fertile girl parts. Woohoo! :P

1 comment:

Niibiishen said...

I wish people were more aware of their scent - if its mint, excessive perfume or BO...they are all offensive to me!