1. Atticus is driving me insane. He's always been very food-motivated (to put it mildly) but lately he's taking it to a whole new level. He wakes us up before the alarm goes off every. single. morning. with nonstop whining and jumping up on the bed to meow in our faces. Then God forbid I have to go to the bathroom before I feed him, he'll follow me in there and keep whining at me until I'm done. And there's no point in kicking him out because then he scratches incessantly at the door to be let back in. And it's not just the morning feedings, it's every feeding. Thirty minutes to an hour before mealtime he sits by the kitchen and meows loudly, gets in our faces, and scratches at the back door (wanting to be let outside so he can eat the grass and then barf it up on my kitchen table, naturally). It's getting to be ridiculous. I am seriously reconsidering my interest in getting another cat.
2. Hubs, on the other hand, has not lost his interest in getting a dog. He told me yesterday he was looking up Shiba Inu puppies online again. I'm ready for something to irritate the cat as much as he's been irritating me, so I guess at this point I'm all for it!
3. I finished planting my marigolds and pansies last night. They look lovely in my new pots on the steps by the back door, if I do say so myself! (And I do.) Next I'll be planting some pink and red cyclamens.
4. I was feeling very sensitive last night when I read a post on FB from a seven months pregnant friend that said, "It's going to be a long two months." (Queue the peanut gallery of recently-pregnant women airing their late pregnancy woes. Cry me a frickin' river.) I almost commented, "It's been an even longer three years, but I'm glad to hear everything is going smoothly." Instead I think I'll just hide her.
5. I got an invitation to #4's baby shower in the mail last week. I'm trying to come up with a response that's more polite than, "Oh, HELL no."
6. Work is crazy, crazy, crazy. I'm mostly holding it together, but it's still just stressful enough to keep me motivated to look for a new job. Well, in theory anyway. It's been a couple of weeks since I sent out any resumes. I need to get back on that.
7. Spring starts this weekend! And I see it's supposed to rain here starting Saturday and going through most of next week. Greeeaaat. Way to ring in the season, Mother Nature!
8. Speaking of spring, I have big plans for spring cleaning this year. So many plans, actually, that I'm not sure where to begin. I've never done a real spring cleaning before. Have/do any of you?
9. Hubs is pretty happy that I'm becoming more "domesticated" these days. (I love it, it's like I'm a housetrained animal now.) First with the gardening and now with the spring cleaning... Next thing you know I'll be baking from scratch and knitting little Atticus outfits while I memorize the Joy of Cooking.
10. Wow, I think I'm totally out of things to say! Happy Tuesday, at least it's not Monday :)