1.29.2010

The dude abides


Hubs and I have decided that henceforth, Thursday night is officially Bowling Night. One might assume that since we have committed so enthusiastically to Bowling Night that we are avid bowlers, perhaps members of a league who own our own shoes and monogrammed balls. That assumption, however, would be completely wrong. In fact, I kind of suck at it, and Aaron is about average. But we have fond memories from way back in our early days of dating, of partaking in $2 a game bowling night at the slightly seedier of the two alleys in town. And in our effort to come out of IF-induced hibernation (at least on my part), we thought it was a good idea to create a fun, active routine. And they still do $2 night, so my frugal sensibilities tell me to go for it.

So last night we met up with two other couples at the ol' Bowling Center and played a couple games. As usual I did terrible on the first game, but I almost beat everyone on the second. I scored 123 and then one of our friends came out from behind and beat me by ONE stinkin' point! Oh well! I'm still proud of me for breaking 100!

Of course as we played we'd quote The Bi.g Le.bo.wsk.i, and at one point someone bought everyone a round of White Russians. YUMMY! I hadn't had one since my 21st birthday, when my big brother took me out and bought me one of just about everything, and I forgot how good they are! We decided that we'll order a round of them every Bowling Night, in honor of the Dude.

Hmm... I guess this begs the question: What do you do to keep your mind off IF?

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love to bowl! Sounds like you had a great time.

Heather said...

Oh I am hopless at bowling. Really it's embarrassing how bad I am. Sometimes I can't even break 60. And I have to use the 2nd to lightest ball....oh my.
Good for you and getting out though! Doing something dh and socializing with other people.
I think to get my mind off if I do my crafty thing. Obsess over wishing I was as talented as Martha stewert. I make cards and I enjoy doing that. Or it's fun to play soccer with my son.
But I do like your bowling idea and who can beat $2?

Anonymous said...

I haven't been bowling in years! I should try it again. What do I do? I hike or I read.

Happy Friday!

Allison said...

LMAO!!! Sounds like a great time, Kitty!

The past few months have been good avoiding-IF-wise what with the new job and school and all. But sometimes IF clobbers me over the head and I have a Real Bad Day. It's not every day, though... just once in a while.

Steph said...

I can do ok bowling if I wear a wrist brace, my wrist twists. I'm glad you had fun. I don't think I've ever had a white russian. I usually get fruity drinks, but I'll have to try one.


Ummmm, your mind can go OFF of thinking about IF?!?! ;)