9.12.2010

Something I'm OCD About

This is kind of a hard one, I don't think I have a particularly OCD personality. I can definitely be obsessive (see: TTC), but no real compulsions come to mind.

Maybe except one - I'm pretty OCD about the potential for Atticus getting outside and going missing.

Whenever I leave the house I have to make sure I know exactly where he is, so there's no chance of him sneaking past me. Preferably, I like him to be within my sights while I'm closing the door. If I don't know where he is as I'm about to leave, I'll look around the house for him before I go out. Luckily our house is really small and it only takes a few seconds!

The stupid thing is, he's never once snuck outside and gone missing. He likes to go out, but he doesn't try to make a break for it. He just saunters onto the steps to chew on a weed or sprawl out on the stoop. I'm just really, super paranoid about it. I love my kitty!

4 comments:

Erin said...

My cat isn't allowed outside. We live on a busy street. She likes to sit in open windows though :)

Heather said...

That's so funny! I'm not OCD about anything (I don't think) except that same thing. My dogs getting out. We have 2 min pins so they're kind of small. Every time we leave for a trip and we have someone stay at our house and watch the dogs Im always asking DH "do you think they're ok? Do you think they could get out?" ugh, it's awful and it drives DH insane.

^J^ said...

Pretty kitty, Kitty! Haha...I crack myself up. =) I'm sure tht's not the first time you've heard that one, huh!?!?

-my husband grows cotton- said...

Awwww! I wish I had a kitty cat!