9.24.2010

Where I Live

Oh goody! This one will be fun. Well, for me. I'll try to make it fun for you, too. :)

The city I live in is officially named San Bue.nave.ntura, which is a lot prettier than what it's more commonly known as - just Ven.tura. It's a beach town an hour north of Los Angeles, and half an hour south of Santa Barbara. Although it's an average-sized city of about 100,000, it feels like a small town because everybody pretty much knows everybody.

Both Hubs and I were born and raised here, and although I spent a couple of years living in other cities, my heart stayed in Ven.tura and I was excited to move back. I guess a lot of other people feel the same way because a good number of our friends were also raised in Ven.tura, went off to college thinking they were getting out, but afterwards came back to stay. It's a nice place!

So, some of the cool things about this town are:

1. Surfing! That's probably the main thing we're known for - Ven.tura has some of the best beaches for surfing in southern CA. I myself never learned to surf. I'm more of a lie-on-the-beach-soaking-up-the-sun-with-a-margarita kind of girl.

2. Retail! Pa.tagonia and Pe.tunia Pic.kle Bo.ttom are both headquartered here.

3. History! We're part of the California mission system, and our downtown area sports the San Bue.naven.tura Mission.

4. Art! We have a lot of hippies artists here, and every few months or so there's an art walk in the downtown/beach area to view and celebrate their work. (I promise I don't really dislike hippies as much as I seem to!)

5. Food! I can't even begin to count how many different types of cuisine you can find in Ven.tura. And the restaurants are innumerable. Which is good, because I LOVE FOOD.

And that's all I can think of. Come visit me sometime! (Unless you're a stalker.)

4 comments:

Christina said...

That's sort of close to Woodland Hills, right? We have an office there so if I ever have to go out there for work I'll be sure to let you know!

Angie said...

Sounds like a great place!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my post.

~stinkb0mb~ said...

Sounds like a nice place to live!!

x

-my husband grows cotton- said...

How neat! Thanks for sharing :)

I think it is awesome that you both grew up there and came back to live.