4.05.2010

Acupuncture & Easter

I've been dragging my feet on this whole acupuncture business. As of this weekend I still hadn't called the 4th place back to get their prices, which means I hadn't picked an acupuncturist, much less made that first appointment. What is my problem? I honestly don't know.

Saturday I had a little meltdown (possibly fueled by my lunchtime margarita consumption). I was convinced that this C would be another bust, even though there's no way I could know that yet, it was only CD21. Then I didn't think hubs was being sympathetic enough, so I told him we should just stop trying. I was being a baby. But hubs was great. He sat down and talked me through our TTC options, even going so far as to ask if I wanted to just go to an RE and put it all on a credit card. In the end, he told me he really wanted me to go to the place that we refer to as the "fancy" acupuncturist - the one right by my work that specializes in fertility (in fact, I'm not sure they even treat anything else). The acupuncturist there is a doctor, whereas most only have their master's degrees; his assistant was really nice and helpful when I spoke with her too. Both hubs and I had a really good feeling about this place from the beginning, so we decided that would be it. No more procrastinating. I called this morning and got an appointment for next Tuesday at lunch. Please keep your fingers crossed :)

Our Easter was pretty good. We went to church in the morning, followed by brunch at the in-laws' house. That was fun, hubs and I got to hide eggs for our two little nieces (ages 4 and 19 months) for the first time. It was adorable! Afterwards we took a breather at home, then headed to my parents' for dinner and more kiddie fun with my brother's 20 month old daughter. She was in rare form, all bouncy and talkative, so that was fun too. I ate waaaaay too much and was about comatose by the time we got home, but it was worth it! The food was so good!

And here we are back at Monday. And could this day BE anymore Monday?? (You see that? I'm channeling Chandler Bing.) It's dark and rainy and dreary, and I have absolutely zero motivation to work on my soul-draining reports. But, work on them I must. So I'm off! Here's hoping for a quick and painless start to this week!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I can't wait to hear all about the acupuncturist. Sounds promising!!

I can def. understand your meltdown. I had plenty myself.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your Easter.

elephantscanremember said...

I am glad you made the app't. I hope it works wonders!

Heather said...

I'm curious, how do they think acupunture will help with infertility. I've heard a few ladies trying it out but no one has said what's it suppose to do? I'm a needle phobe so I don't think I'd ever go.
Glad your Easter was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to your accup. appt ! Spend that bonus money girl !!

Glad to hear you had a nice Easter with your families : )