4.30.2009

Embracing TMI Thursday

I'm jumping on the TMI wagon since I now have a funny story to share.

Plus, I'm really bored at work.

Okay. I was in the RR on one of my trips (well, this one was more of a sprint, I waited just a liiiiittle too long!) just a few minutes ago, and one other person was already in there. This person had obviously eaten something they shouldn't have. I would have left and come back later if I wasn't about to pee my pants.

Anyway, since it's TMI Thursday I'm going to give you every filthy detail as best I can.

At first all was quiet when I went in. I settled myself in the first stall (one buffer stall away from the offender) and went about my business. Then the gas started. HOLY COW. This type of farting I've only ever heard before on movies like Austin Powers. Okay, take a deep breath, stick out your tongue and blow raspberries with one breath for as long as you can, as loud as you can. That is what it sounded like. Over and over again, the ENTIRE time I was in there, until (and most likely after) I left. I'm telling you, it was so loud! Seriously, I was thinking, "could this be a joke??" The BM was not quite as noisy, but it was just as nasty. Like bad burrito nasty. And this person had no shame! I was amazed. I'm just glad I didn't smell anything.

I finished up and got out of there as fast as I could. To give you an idea of how loud it was, the flushing of my toilet (and these toilets are the kind with the power flushers) wasn't nearly enough to drown out the sound of the farting. I'm not kidding. I was trying SO HARD not to laugh the whole time. It was terrible. But oh so hilarious at the same time.

Ahh... I'm still kind of giggling.

On the one hand, I'm totally grossed out that someone would just cruise on into the company RR and let loose without shame (at 'rush hour' no less). But on the other hand, I'm utterly impressed by the balls it takes to do that! I'm the kind of person that will sit there in major discomfort, holding it until everyone has left, and I wishing I didn't care. I think deep down I aspire to achieve that level of self-confidence.

Maybe someday.

4 comments:

-my husband grows cotton- said...

ROLL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING...

How embarrasing!!

Allison said...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, your whole story cracked me up, but your last paragraph...

I'm the same way. I have a very shy colon.

Anonymous said...

That was very funny. I too wish I could have that much confidence. I will also wait painfully until everyone is out of the rr.

AJ48 said...

Too Funny!!!

I have had similar experiences, although not quite as bad. Some women are ruthless in the RR. I am like you and wait until no one is in there...hehe