3.05.2010

Friday mash-up

As much as I'm a tad annoyed that I never saw a truly positive OPK this C, I'm equally relieved that I at least got a definite negative last night. I just wanted it to be different than the previous three! We've been DTD every day since Sunday. I am tired. My mysterious lady parts are tired. And I am taking tonight OFF.

And how am I going to spend tonight, you ask? (You did, I heard you.) I'm going to curl up on the couch with hubs, Atticus, and a big bowl of popcorn, and watch the original TRON! Oh man, I'm a little giddy just thinking about it! Oops, is my inner nerd showing?? (Who am I kidding - I'm all nerd!)

Hubs also requested that I make homemade mac and cheese for dinner tonight. Help! I've only made it once before and it was a tad bland. Does anyone have an amazing recipe that will knock his socks off?

Speaking of dishes that knock off socks, last night hubs made a simply scrumptious shrimp risotto. He used this recipe, with asparagus and mushrooms. I love it when he makes risotto, but this was even better than usual. I highly recommend it if you're into that sort of thing, and seriously, who isn't into shrimp risotto?

I'm a little all over the place today, if you couldn't tell. Probably because I'm just so darn excited that it's FRIDAY! Finally! My boss is out today so maybe I'll let my minions head home early (which means I get to leave early too). Yeah it's a cheap trick to be well-liked (and get to go home early), but whatever. So I'm cheap! I can deal with that.

5 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

UGH I hate OPKs! I had that same prob this C, right when I wanted to give up I finally got that +OPK. Have a good w/e and rest your lady parts! I think my boss is letting us go early too.

elephantscanremember said...

That shrimp risotto sounds absolutely heavenly! I love risotto.

Look up a recipe for a mornay sauce (a bechamel with cheddar cheese) and tweak it if you need to. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornay_sauce

And yes, I did ask what you're doing tonight. Tron sounds like a whole lot of geeky nerdy fun!

Niibiishen said...

Mac n cheese is my favorite. I have my "own" recipe, but its not written down. T knew right away what TRON was, I have never heard of it. So he now feels as though this is a must and it on the hunt for it.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Lots of velveeta cheese and milk.
Yummy!

Erin said...

I don't know what Tron is??

I love mac and cheese with the bigger mac and cheese noodles, Sharp cheese and parmesan cheese. It is good!! I wish I could have some. ((add a little butter too))