6.21.2010

Farewell, weekend

Good morning and happy Monday! Yeah, I'm not too thrilled it's Monday either, but I might as well fake it, right? After all, I do have several underlings to keep motivated, in addition to myself (...she said, as she blatantly typed out a blog post instead of getting her butt to work).

This weekend was simply lovely and I'm so very sad it's already over. It was the first sunny weekend we've had this month (and yes, the clouds are back today, le sigh). In fact, it was warmer at the beach on Saturday than it was at our house, which never happens. The beer festival was really fun; there were about 50 or so different breweries participating, as well as several local restaurants making and handing out samples of their food. There were even a couple of wineries, too. And there was so much space we were able to sprawl out on a big blanket in between tastings. Very fun, tasty and relaxing!

Sunday we scrambled to organize a Fathers Day breakfast with the in-law's at our favorite breakfast joint. Not surprisingly, the restaurant was packed and there must have been 40-50 people waiting outside. I don't know if it's because we're "regulars" and the owner recognizes us, or just good luck, but we only waited about 15 minutes for a table for seven people! Later that afternoon my family got together at my sister's house for a barbecue and pool party. I'm not much of a swimmer but I had a really fun time playing in the water with my siblings, nieces and nephew. Oh yeah, and it was nice seeing my dad too! ;)

In TTC news, I've got a little over a week left on my 2ww. Next week I'm going to start following my book's dietary recommendations for the "Stuck" fertility type. (I'd start this week, but we're broke until payday so I can't afford to go grocery shopping yet!) I'm actually kind of excited about that. Maybe I'll even visit the farmer's market on Saturday morning to pick up some farm-fresh fruits and veggies! First, though, I need to finish reading up on what those recommendations actually are, and then find plenty of meal ideas so I don't get bored and burned-out after the first week. That part I'm not looking forward to so much!

Oh Monday... I am trying with great difficulty not to loathe you at this moment. I may just have to give myself a jump-start and forego the green tea for coffee this morning!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Glad your festival was fun! We went to our church luau. Which was a huge bummer. Huge. And then I got a headache on Sunday that by night turned into a migraine. I'm glad someone had fun this past weekend.

Kate said...

Doesn't a Monday suck so much worse after an awesome weekend? I'm glad your weekend went well and that you were able to recharge a bit!

-my husband grows cotton- said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Let us know what your diet entails!