6.18.2010

Stuck!

Last night I finally got to the good part of the fertility book I recently bought - the part that breaks down the 5 fertility types, based on traditional Chinese medicine. I had to muddle through the first 100+ pages of information which detail various lifestyle changes and dietary supplements before I got there. Not to say that those 100+ pages weren't interesting, they really were, but I was anxious to get to the meat! I'm being good though, and am reading through the whole thing.

So the first two fertility types were "Tired" and "Dry." I found I have several of the signs for "Tired," but it still didn't quite click, so I forged onward. As soon as I started on the third type, "Stuck," I actually started getting butterflies because it was so familiar. I kept thinking, "This is me!" At the end of each section is a checklist of symptoms, and I must have marked off 90% of them for "Stuck". I was bummed I had to stop reading after that because we had to leave for dinner at hubs's parents', but I can't wait to read more tonight! (You know you're infertile when the highlight of your Friday night is reading a book called "Making Babies.") The book outlines what kinds of lifestyle changes to make and supplements to take based on your fertility type, and I think that's next. Also, my accu wants to go over it with me next time I come in (next week), so I'm getting cautiously excited. We'll see if this helps!

Dinner at the in-law's was nice last night. However, the whole point of us going over there was to return all the stuff I borrowed for the two bridal showers, and we completely forgot all of it! There's a ton of stuff, and they actually need some of it for the camping trip they're going on next week. Oops! Guess hubs will be making another trip over there tonight!

This weekend is going to be pretty busy. Tomorrow we're riding our bikes from our house on the east end of town to our friends' house on the west side. We'll then walk ourselves on over to the highly-anticipated Sa.lute Beer Festival at State Beach! (I must sound like such a lush with all my talk of beer festivals and wine tasting and martinis, but how could I pass up beer tasting at the beach??) A bunch of our friends are going as well, so it should be a good time. I just have to make sure I pace myself and drink tons of water because Sunday morning we're having breakfast with hubs's family for Father's Day, and most likely dinner at my parents' house too. I hope I get to take a nap in there somewhere!

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend, everyone :)

6 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

Aside from the bike riding and walking, the festival sounds fun, esp if it includes beer festivities
LOL

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fascinating book!! No wonder you can't stop reading it!

It sounds like you're going to have a great weekend! Have fun and don't "drink and bike" too much!

elephantscanremember said...

Have a great time! It does sound like a lot of fun.

Erin said...

Sounds like a blast once again. have fun and beer taste for me too!

Heather said...

Have fun at your festival!

M said...

It sounds like you have such a fun lifestyle! Enjoy the beer festival! Here's a question for you... what is your favorite domestic beer and what is your favorite imported beer?

Can't wait to hear more about your fertility book and what you find out about the "stuck" type