7.10.2009

1 Point for endo?

We are tired this morning, my uterus and I.

I'd been enjoying a fairly mild visit from AF, which was a little odd, usually my cramps are worse. But I only took advil once yesterday, CD2 - normally my most crampy day. And I foolishly assumed I was home free this month.

Then last night I woke up at 2:00 a.m. with excruciating cramps that kept me up for almost two hours before they started fading, even after taking ad.vil and tyl.enol. Poor hubs tried to stay awake with me, but he's an insomniac and the sleeping pills are hard to fight. This morning I feel almost fine. My abdomen feels tender and I'm exhausted of course, but thankfully no cramps at this point.

The feeling that endo is involved is nagging at me more and more. Seems like I get horrendous cramps every two to three months now, whereas for the first couple years after I came off the pill I'd only get a really bad period a couple times a year. Before that it was excruciating more often than not. Last night I noticed the pain wasn't solely in my uterus either, it almost felt like it was vaginal/rectal as well. And it wasn't just achey, dull pain, it felt like stabbing and burning.

So, I think I have decided to wait another month or so, until we're finished TAB, to bring it up to my doctor. I will try to get him to order a lap based on the pain, once I find out whether my insurance will even cover it of course.

I know endo is a tricky beast and no one is the same, but I have to ask you ladies that have it, would you think that's what this sounds like? Or does it sound like "normal" AF behavior?

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

I don't have endo, but I would say it's worth checking out, Kitty. This has been a thought in your mind for a while now and just to ease any fears would be well worth it. Hope the cramps ease up on ya.

(((HUGS)))

Allison said...

Sounds like a rough night. :( I hate when that happens. But yes...the stabbing/burning pain (especially in regions other than your uterus) does sound like endo. I'd definitely ask the doc about a lap; if for no reason than to ease your mind. (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I can only tell you my symptoms...I have horrific pain during AF, the kind where you are doubled over, can't get comfortable in any position what so ever. I have back pain, cramping, and yes bowel pain...for me it feels like I need to take a poo but can't, hurts like hell ! Advil & Mortin 600 mg did not stop the pain for me, I had to pull out the big guns..darvocet ! Took almost 1.5 hrs until I finally fell asleep from exhaustion...my dr. only found superficial endo on both ovaries but any amount can cause pain...

Took me a good year to year in a half to get the Lap. done ...only wish I would have done it sooner...

Hope you feel better ! (((((((HUGS)))))))))

LLnMS said...

I had all the classic symptoms of endo but my doc could not find a trace of it when I had my lap.

Christina said...

I had endo and I use to wake up during the night from the pain. The only thing that helped was to take 2 extra strenth midol and use a heating pad. My endo was considered mild too.

Getting a lap to check for it, especially if your insurance covers it, probably is a good idea.

-my husband grows cotton- said...

I think it is worth checking out! Hope AF vacates soon!

Erin said...

I had symptoms of endo as well but did not have a trace of it.

I have/had painful periods especially before my son was born. I would throw up from the pain sometimes and Dot is right, I would feel it in my bowels.

I was diagnosed with primary dysmenorrhea http://www.aafp.org/afp/990800ap/489.html

where my body has too many prostagladins (which are responsible for the uterine contractions during AF) I used to and still do sometimes take prescription NSAIDS.

If you got a lap, your mind would be at ease. Talk to your doctor about it.

And I know this sounds crazy Kitty, but take 2 calcium a day. It relaxes the smooth muscle. That might help with your cramps. I swear it did mine.

Anonymous said...

One more thing I forgot to add in is...take notes of ALL your symptoms, pains, amount of pain reliever taken, everything related to your cycles...I printed out a calender and wrote it all done so when I went to the Dr. I could tell them everything I was experienceing each month. I think we tend to forget how each passing month was but if you document it you know for sure, kwim ? Hope that helps you , it helped me alot.

(((HUGS)))