7.17.2009

100 Already!

Well, I was hoping I'd have something extra special to blog about for my 100th post, but alas, I do not. I did get my hair cut yesterday though! I think it's really cute, more of a "shag" than what I had before, but still shoulder-length. But I'm pouting because no one at work has noticed! Even though I told my employees in a very subtle fashion yesterday, "I'm leaving to get a haircut. Don't forget to compliment me on it tomorrow." (Yes, they knew I was joking.) I'm starting to think it's not as cute as I thought...!

Oh! Someone just noticed :)

Okay I'm over it now.

I'm starting to get super excited about our road trip! It's less than 2 months away, so I've been spending a lot of time on this site, looking for fun and funky attractions to check out on the road. We'll be spending 6-10 hours each day driving (I think about 7-8 days driving total), and hubs is far more interested in the baseball games and visiting his cousin in Cedar Rapids than the adventure of the drive, so I'm trying to make it as interesting as possible for both of us.

Here are some of the gems I've found:

-A huge meteor crater

-Billy the Kid's grave

-Cadillac Ranch of course (also VW Slug Bug Ranch and Combine City)

-A giant pair of legs

-A vampire's grave

-Some holy dirt (it's supposed to have "healing powers." I'll take all the help I can get!)

Okay let's face it, there are a LOT of weird attractions in the U.S., and most of them probably aren't all that interesting! But hey, maybe they'll make for a fun scrapbook! I am going to try to blog from the road, too, depending on how many hotels/motels we stay at have internet access.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds so neat!!!!!

M said...

Hey if you get a chance, post a pic of your new haircut, I'd love to see it!!!

Have SO much fun on your trip. Sounds like you've got some random things planned already :)

AJ48 said...

Oh I missed my 100th post!

Hope you have a great time on your road trip! sounds like your gonna have a blast!!