10.07.2009

Bridesmaid adventures

I've probably mentioned it before, but my friend Tracy is getting married next August to a really wonderful guy. I am so happy for them, and so excited and honored that she asked me to be a bridesmaid.

Last night the duties officially began. Since I'm the only 'maid that lives nearby, I get to help Tracy shop for bridesmaid dresses. It's really fun! Seriously, we grown-ups don't get enough chances to play dress-up, so I'm into it. We went to Da.vid's Bri.dal for our first mission, and although they had some really pretty dresses, none of them was "it." We decided next Monday we'll hit some other shops while the guys are at work, since we're off.

After we left DB I noticed a HUGE spider on the hatch of my car!! I'm pretty scared of spiders, but Tracy is TERRIFIED of them. Most of the time she won't even say the word "spider." So since she was walking between me and my car, I pulled her away from it and of course when she saw why I did that, she freaked and ran all the way to the end of the aisle, where a passerby asked her what was wrong. She stuttered, "It's a -a - sp- a sp- a spider!" Meanwhile I'm standing three feet away from my car, staring at the huge spider and wondering what the heck to do. There was no way I was going to drive knowing it was still on there and could crawl up to my door or something, but how was I supposed to get it off? The guy thought we were both nuts and continued to stare, and laugh, at us as he went into the office store next door to DB. Then he KEPT staring at us through the window! So embarrassing.

Well, I managed to knock the thing off by throwing my empty Sta.rbu.cks cup at it a few times (which I'm sure the guy thought was hilarious as well.) Then I moved my car to another spot to make sure the spider wasn't still attached by its web or anything. It wasn't. Whew!!

Ah, planning a wedding... always an adventure!

2 comments:

Erin said...

That guy could have helped instead of watching the pretty girls freak out about a spider!

Good luck on the bridesmaid dresses. When I planned my wedding, I was so stressed out, working fulltime, going to school and planning a big wedding that I started taking Ativan everyday.

The day after my wedding I was in bed with the worst stomach ache I ever had and IBS. It was from nerves.

Caitlin said...

LOL Sorry to be laughing so hard at your spider woes.

I don't like them either though....