10.15.2009

Muse-ings

I've discovered that I love Mu.se. I've been listening to the Bla.ck Hol.es and Reve.lat.ions album for weeks now, and it is sooo cathartic to just blast it whenever I'm in a crummy mood. Not only do they just absolutely freakin' ROCK, but their lyrics are surprisingly poignant, too (and let's face it, I love singing along!). Hubs got me a subwoofer for my car before we went on vacation - - okay, scratch that - - he actually got it for HIM, because his truck has one and he didn't think he could handle two weeks in a car with only average sound quality. But I have to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Maybe it's not very feminine or classy to "bump" my bass in traffic... but it's really fun!

At least a couple times a week I get one of their songs stuck in my head all day long. And usually it's Invi.ncible, because the lyrics are so striking to me (and it freakin' ROCKS). It reminds me of hubs, and how I often feel like it's him and me against the world. And I don't mean that in a "the world is the enemy" kind of way. Just that we have become so united in the past couple of years. It's more than the fact that we love each other, or that we're partners or a team. At least for me, it's more like he makes me a stronger person just by being with me, and that as long as we're together I know we can get through anything. That song reminds me of how lucky and thankful I am to have wound up with him as my husband.

**Ahem!** Okay. Done with the mushy stuff now. I know I said I'm not romantic on that survey the other day, and I totally just blew my street cred. The fact of the matter is, I love to rock out to Mu.se, and I love to love my hubs! And that's all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sticking finger down throat *gag*
You suck! You have a totally kick ass relationship! I tend to feel it's me against DH...not us against the world, that's for sure! LOL! Make sure he sees that post...maybe he'll buy you something cute- like a new purse.
;D

~Amber

Kitty said...

LOL He reads this blog, but I'll make sure he sees your comment... I could use a new purse... :D

Erin said...

I love Muse too. They are pretty awesome.

You and your DH sound like you have a great relationship. :)