10.27.2009

Diva drama and PMS

Sigh. So I tried to use the Diva Cup last night, anticipating that AF might show up overnight. OMG is that thing a pain in the ass. I felt like such an idiot trying to figure out how to get a proper "seal" because it says to put it in, and then turn it. Well, I don't know how that's even possible. Once it's in there's not much to hold on to, and what you can feel is allllll slippery - hence impossible to turn! And of course the directions tell you about 100 times, "If ___, then it's inserted wrong," so I'm feeling like a TOTAL MORON for apparently doing everything WRONG. Luckily AF didn't show up last night because I'm all out of pads and that sucker is still sitting in my bathroom.

Ugh. Can you tell I'm PMSed?? I actually cried about 3 times last night I was so frustrated, so hormonal and so depressed. I googled to see if anyone else had as much trouble as I did, and thankfully, I found a LOT. Seems like it takes some practice and finagling. I feel like slightly less of a dolt now and I'll try again tonight if AF has shown up by then. Jeez, how would I even survive without the internet? I'd be hysterical.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Ugg, that doesn't sound fun at all! I remember the first time I got fitted for my diaphram. I didn't think I would be able to get that sucker out!

I hope you figure it out soon! If not, just go buy some pads :)

Sorry AF is coming. Boo.

Caitlin said...

Yeah I have looked into one of those things...I just don't think I could get the hang of it!

Sorry you are feeling yucky! Hope AF comes soon and lets up on the hormones! (Either that or not come at all and stay away for 9 months!)

elephantscanremember said...

Ugh! I am sorry you had so many problems with that. Hopefully you've got pregnancy crankiness going on, not AF crankiness. ;)

(HugS)

Emily said...

(((HUGS)))

You've got more patience that I do... I would have thrown that thing out! Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

AJ48 said...

You are a lot better than I would be...I dont know if I would have the patience to try again! Your right though...what the heck did we do without the internet...It is totally where I go to get piece of mind or at least feel like I wasnt alone!

Hopefully AF wont show at all!!! :)