10.21.2009

My First ICLW

Hello, ICLWers!

This is my first time participating, and all of a sudden I have stage fright! What the heck am I supposed to say? I guess an introduction is in order, and since I am now at a loss for words, I'm going to steal some other bloggers' idea and introduce myself through the awesome power of a survey.

Me: Kitty, Kit, Mrs. Von D, and a slew of other alter-egos.

DH: Hubs, a.k.a. Aaron

How we met: We went to the same schools from kindergarten through high school, and our younger brothers were friends... but we never spoke to each other until I was 22 and he was 23. Turns out you really can find true love in a bar!

Furry child: Atticus Archimedes Aloysius the cat

Where we call home: Sunny southern CA

Time TTC: On the record - 19 months. (Off the record - 2.5 years - since we got married.)

Reason for IF: Unexplained. Possibly endo, we'll know by the end of the year. I can't decide if I'm hoping they find endo or not...

Hobbies: Blogging, sometimes knitting, sometimes snowboarding, sometimes taking photos and sometimes Photoshopping. I'm trying to find one that will stick. I need an outlet!

Biggest pet peeve: People who drive too slow in the left lane. Or bad customer service. Or general rudeness. ...People who have too many pet peeves?

Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice. I LOVE that book. I try to read it every year.

Currently dreading: Leading a conference call in half an hour.

When I'm sad: I cry, make myself a drink, and veg out.

The best thing about life right now: I'm not on that conference call YET! (Of course, life will be better when the call is over.)

Favorite dessert: Chocolate lava souffle a la mode. How obvious is it that I'm PMSing?

All-time favorite band: Queen. Hands down.

Dram vacation destination: Greece. My family is Greek and I've always wanted to go.

Fears: Spiders, the dark, public speaking, the mall on Black Friday.

My favorite of DH's physical traits: His hair. It's so thick!!

His favorite of mine: My booty. I've got some junk in my trunk.

I hope this helps you get to know me a little, thanks for popping in; I'll see you on the interweb!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice ICLW post! Have a great conference call!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kit, I am so happy that you decided to do ICLW this time around ! I enjoyed reading through your answers and I have to add in Jane Austen is becoming one of my faves also.

~ICLW

Justina said...

Nice to meet you! I liked your little survey, I might have to steal that for myself next time. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book too!

Erin said...

I love your cat's name. Where in the world did you come up with that?

Kitty said...

E - Hubs helped me come up with "Atticus," and when I found out my brother gave his cat a ridiculously long name, I copied him. Those were just the longest names I could think of that started with A!

junebug said...

I'm with you on Black Friday. Never been so scared for my life before. :-)
ICLW

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Atticus the Catticus... (sorry, it immediately came into my head). Very cute!

Nice to meet you!

ICLW

Amy said...

Great cat name. I appreciate the ridiculous in the naming of animals.

Nice to meet you and welcome to ICLW.

RELH said...

Welcome to ICLW. This is only my second time participating. I read on your side bar that you had an appt about have a LAP done. How did that go? My 2nd LAP is this Tuesday.

RELH said...

Welcome to ICLW. This is only my second time participating. I read on your side bar that you had an appt about have a LAP done. How did that go? My 2nd LAP is this Tuesday.

tireegal68 said...

Happy ICLW!!!!
I loved your introduction! And your cat! Hope you enjoy all the commenting! And that you find some answers soon. Oh and one of my faults is that I like to put exclamation marks at the end of every sentence!!!!

Lynn said...

Welcome to ICLW! Its very nice to "meet" you. I think its nice to have several different hobbies. I get bored very easily, so by having several hobbies I can do one until I tire of it, then move onto the next. I eventually come back around to each of them :D

Have a great ICLW!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I love your blog layout, by the way! (I, too, have a lot of pet peeves, so don't feel bad! lol)

Marybeth said...

I'm new to ICLW as well so I'm also trying to get the hang of things. Oh and you're not alone - I met my husband in a bar too! We used to say it wasn't the story to tell the grandkids, but now I'll be so happy to a kid to tell it to!

Anonymous said...

Nice ICLW post! I might have to swipe the questions/answers for my blog ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you. sounds like we have a lot in common. I am not Greek but have been to the Greek Isles. They are absolutely beautiful.My husband and I also went to school together but never knew each other. he was friends with my brother. We met in a bar when I was 22. I had a lap and they found endo but zapped pretty much all of it out. I feel it's better to know. Come by and visit my non profit's blog.
Erica

Jill said...

Nice to meet you! Love your cat's name. :)

Happy ICLW!

Sass said...

Hello!

Happy ICLW and congrats on your first time you virgin you!
:)

Sass!

Anonymous said...

Great intro!!!! I'm in sunny So Cal too! Good luck with your TTC journey!
Happy ICLW!