10.19.2009

Step 1: Complete

Alrighty. Done with the doctor, and he actually was very nice (remember the receptionist told me he was "exceptional"). He didn't rush me, and he figured out pretty easily that I really want the lap for infertility but told me he'd code it for pain no problem. He said he doesn't necessarily think my pain is due to endo (mostly because it hasn't been getting progressively worse), but that it's worth looking into anyway, and that he hopes it works for me. :)

The receptionist said it may take a couple weeks to get approval from the insurance company, and when they get it we can schedule the surgery. I think I there should be enough time to get it done by the end of the year, don't you? There better be!

I'm not gonna beat around the bush here, I'm totally nervous. The idea of cutting into the body, sticking stuff inside, zapping away at tissue, etc. totally grosses me out. I can't even watch the lame fake surgery scenes they show on House, so thinking about that happening to me makes me VERY uncomfortable. There's a great reason I never went into the medical field! But I've just gotta to suck it up and go for it. No being a sissy!!

10 comments:

Erin said...

I agree, surgery freaks me out especially when it involves cutting something. They will give you the best drugs beforehand and you won't care a lick!

I'm glad you liked your doc and are moving forward with this. I know it has been on your mind for some time.

-my husband grows cotton- said...

I am glad you were able to see the doctor and he is able to code it for pain. I truly hope you don't have endo!!!
(((HUGS)))

Christina said...

I hope it gets approved quickly! The lap actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was totally freaked out before the surgery and then afterwards I was like "that was it?"

M said...

Yay Kitty! Your doctor sounds awesome.

LLnMS said...

Glad to hear the dr is so nice and that things will be progressing soon.

Don't worry about the pain...like Erin said...the drugs they give you are pretty awesome...I remember very little from mine...just keep up with the painkillers they send home with you and you'll do great!!

Steph said...

Woohoo for a cooperative dr! I don't think it'll be that bad & if it helps, it'll be worth it. (i'm more afraid of procedures that i have to be awake for)

Caitlin said...

Yay for the exceptional doc! It's always nice to find someone you are comfortable with.

As far as the surgery goes...I was VERY nervous in June when I had my first one. The surgery itself wasn't bad at all, it was recovery that kicked my ass. And only because there was a lot more work than expected.

The second, however, went much smoother and I recovered quickly. My advice would be to sleep sitting up the first few nights and keep your heating pad on hand for those nasty gas pains!

April said...

It sounds like you got a wonderful doctor. I hope everything goes well with your surgery when it is scheduled.

ICLW

Emily said...

Glad things are moving forward! Keep us posted!

addingtothepack said...

I am glad you are going to be able to get the surgery coded as pain. I just had a lap in August and sat on pins and needles waiting to hear if my insurance company would pay for the procedure with it coded for pelvic pain (they don't cover anything for IF). I expected a fight and got nothing. I hope your approval comes through quickly.

My recovery was slower than I expected, but the initial pain was less than expected (I just felt like I was only at about 75% for much longer than I as anticipating).

Good luck!

ICLW